Windfield Park is tucked in a neighborhood, right across from a busy shopping center. The bright green playground equipment has some fun and unique features, like a small climbing tunnel and musical elements. The adaptive swing has a rubberized footing pad beneath it, and there are baby swings as well.
Name: Windfield Park
Address: 1050 4th St. Waukee, Iowa 50263
Type: Places to play
Shade: Yes, shaded shelter
Trails: Yes, paved
Other notes: Funky cool climbing stuff, adaptive swing, baby swings, basketball court, backstop, climbing tunnel
Official Website: http://www.waukee.org/614/Windfield-Park
DSMOF Blog posts:
Other things nearby of note:
- Walking distance on the trail to Waukee’s ice cream shoppe
- H’s Pho is a delicious Vietnamese restaurant nearby
- Kue’d is a tasty BBQ place nearby
- Growing Again is a small but organized kid’s consignment store nearby
- There is a Goodwill on the next street over
If you’re looking for other places to get outside, check back-in with the interactive map!
Have you been here? Leave a comment and let people know what you think!