Hanging Rock Park has unique sandstone rock formations, along with paved trails and lots of wooded scenery. The trails were pretty short, with wildflowers all around.
Name: Hanging Rock Park
Address: 916 Redfield Street, Redfield, IA 50233
Type: Places to take a walk
Shade: Yes, shaded shelters
Trails: Yes, paved
Water: Yes, river
Other notes: Fishing, reserve-able shelter. Park map here: http://www.co.dallas.ia.us/home/showdocument?id=11193
Other things nearby of note:
- The nearest boat ramp at Redfield Dam
- Connected to Raccoon River Valley Trail
- Dairy Shoppe is around the corner
- Redfield City Park is 5 minutes away and super fun
- If you’re looking for other places to get outside, check back in with the interactive map!
Have you been here? Leave a comment and let people know what you think!