The largest park in Waukee, Centennial Park often hosts outdoor movies and events like the Waukee Arts Festival. There is easy creek splashing access here, you can see more specific details about how to get into the water in this post.
Name: Centennial Park
Address: 1255 Warrior Lane Waukee, Iowa 50263
Type: Places to play and places to take a walk
Shade: Yes, shaded shelter and tree shade around the edges of the playground
Playground: Yes, several
Trails: Yes, paved
Water: Small creek nearby
Other notes: Sandbox with diggers, disc golf course, basketball court, sand volleyball, baby swings, bridge, charcoal grills. There is a busy road nearby, see below. There is easy creek splashing access here, you can see more specific details about how to get into the water in this post.
Official Website: http://www.waukee.org/563/Centennial-Park
DSMOF Blog posts: None yet!
Other things nearby of note:
- H’s Pho is a delicious Vietnamese restaurant nearby
- Kue’d is a tasty BBQ place nearby
- The Waukee library is within walking distance
- Growing Again is a small but organized kid’s consignment store nearby
- There is a Goodwill on the next street over
If you’re looking for other places to get outside, check back-in with the interactive map!